Documents You Need When Applying for a US Visa

You don’t need a visa to enter the U.S. from another country, but you will need a visa if you plan to stay in the country for longer than a few weeks. When you need a visa, you must apply for the visa in person well ahead of the time for your allotted time in the country to expire. You should contact an attorney when applying for a visa to remain in the U.S. They’ll help you with the mounds of paperwork needed, as well as to gather all the documents that you need. There are spanish speaking attorney houston professionals available if needed.

Documents that you will need to take with you when applying for a visa include:

·    Application: Anyone who wishes to remain in the U.S. for a permanent or extended time period must complete an application, providing their name, current address, and other personal information.

·    DS-160 Confirmation Page: Print out the confirmation page from the DS-160 page and take it to the Embassy when applying for the visa.

·    Photograph: A 2″ x 2″ color photograph taken within the past six months

·    Appointment Confirmation Page

spanish speaking attorney houston

·    Travel Documents: You can provide your passport or other travel documents.

·    Prior Visas: If you’ve ever had a visa in the U.S., provide evidence.

·    Criminal Record: If you’ve ever been convicted of any type of crime, no matter where, you must report this information.

·    Check/Money Order: You must pay an application fee when visiting the Embassy to apply for the visa. You must also provide sufficient proof that you’ll have income while living in the United States.

Your attorney will help you learn if other documents are needed in addition to those listed above. Keep an updated list because these rules are subject to change at any time and being prepared is important.

Read More →