Saturday is the most common day for an automobile accident, but they occur every day of the week. If you are a driver, you know the dangers when you get behind the wheel of a car. An auto accident shatters lives and leaves families wondering what to do. Here are a few tips that can help you avoid an auto accident.
· Obey the speed limits, even when you think traveling faster is okay.
· Pay attention to what other drivers on the road are doing, as well as pedestrians on the street. You may be a great driver but it is anyone’s guess what they’re up to.
· Give yourself extra time to get to one location from another. Rushing is many times a cause of auto accidents!
· Do not get behind the wheel if you’ve used drugs or alcohol, even those a doctor prescribed to you. Remember that buzzed driving is just as dangerous as driving drunk and can lead to a disastrous ending. Either can occur whether you’ve consumed alcohol or narcotics, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, etc.
· Do not use your cell phone, Google directions, apply makeup, read books or magazines, or otherwise distract yourself from the road when you are driving. Distracted driving is the biggest cause of accidents; avoid this haphazard at all costs.
If you experience the unfortunate event of an auto accident that’s left you injured and unable to work with bills piling up, you may have cause to file a lawsuit. But, don’t attempt to do this alone. Talk to a personal injury lawyer boston ma at no cost to learn more about your rights after an accident as well as to help you start the lawsuit if you want to file to recoup the damages you’ve endured.Read More →